Disrepair Specialists Supporting England and Wales



Disrepair Specialists Supporting England and Wales


About Us

Privacy Policy

Council or Housing Association Tenant with mould in your home?

You may not know this but if you are a council or housing association tenant with damp or mould you could be owed thousands of pounds.

Get in touch to find out if you can claim.

You may have seen lately that lots of council and housing association tenants have been receiving payouts due to disrepair issues at their property.

This is because your Council or housing Association has a legal obligation to keep the structure and exterior of your property in good condition. This means they are required to make sure that you always have heating, hot water, safe electrics and a fully functioning plumbing system. If this isn't the case, isn't it time you took action?

Damp, defective appliances, water damage and more can create dangerous and unliveable conditions which could make you eligible for a No Win, No Fee claim for compensation.

Start your claim online today if you think that your landlord is failing to carry out these essential repairs.

Leave your details below

Free Service

Private & Confidential

Regulated Advisors

Quick & Easy


Your rights as a council or housing association tenant

In the UK, housing disrepair is governed by a number of laws and regulations that are designed to protect tenants and ensure that landlords maintain their properties to a safe and habitable standard. These laws include:

Landlord and Tenant Act 1985: This act requires landlords to keep their properties in good repair and condition, including the structure and exterior of the building, heating and hot water systems, and plumbing and drainage.

Defective Premises Act 1972: This act imposes a duty on landlords to ensure that their properties are fit for habitation, and that any defects are repaired promptly.

Housing Act 2004: This act introduced the Housing Health and Safety Rating System (HHSRS), which sets out the minimum standards for housing conditions and safety.

Homes (Fitness for Human Habitation) Act 2018: This act requires landlords to ensure that their properties are fit for human habitation at the beginning of a tenancy and throughout its duration.

If you are a tenant and your landlord fails to carry out repairs to your property, you have the right to take legal action to force them to do so. You may be able to claim compensation for any damage or inconvenience caused, and you can report any concerns to your local council's environmental health department. It is important to keep records of all communication with your landlord regarding repairs and to seek legal advice if necessary.

Get in touch with us today if any of the issues above affect you and we will be happy to give your free and impartial advice.

Cracks in walls or ceilings are a common form of housing disrepair. They can occur due to a variety of reasons, such as settlement of the building, moisture damage, or structural issues. If left untreated, these cracks can worsen over time and cause significant damage to the structure of the building.

They can also affect the appearance of the property and reduce its value. It is important to address cracks in walls or ceilings as soon as they are noticed, as they can be an indicator of more serious problems.

A professional should be called to assess the situation and provide a suitable solution to repair the damage. By taking action quickly, homeowners can ensure the safety and longevity of their property.

Cracks in walls or Ceilings

Damp or mold on walls, floors or ceilings is a common form of housing disrepair that can have serious health consequences if left unaddressed. Dampness in a building is often caused by poor ventilation or water ingress, and can lead to the growth of mold which can release spores that can cause respiratory problems.

Damp can also cause structural damage to a property, as it can weaken the materials it affects. Mould is particularly problematic as it can spread quickly and is difficult to eradicate without professional help. It can also cause a musty smell and unsightly staining, which can be difficult to remove.

If you notice signs of damp or mold in your home, it's important to take action as soon as possible to prevent the problem from worsening. This may involve installing better ventilation, repairing leaks or seeking professional assistance to remove the mold and repair any damage caused.

Damp or mould on walls, floors or ceilings


Disrepair cases that have been highlighted in the UK press

*As part of the No Win No Fee agreement, we do not charge for assessing your case. We operate a strict ‘No Win No fee’ policy. If your case loses, it won’t cost you a penny. You only pay when your case is successful and the cost would be simply deducted from any compensation you receive. This amount will never exceed 25% of your total compensation. However, the main things is that we will ensure all repairs are carried out by your landlord and we do not deduct anything from the cost of repairs.

T's & C's